It all started when I found out that artificial vanilla, strawberry and raspberry flavoring come from secretions within the glands of a beaver’s anus. It is called Castoreum. Mind blown? Don’t believe me? Look it up. We don’t do much artificial in our house, but now I was intrigued with this hairy buck toothed mammal. With this new-found information, I knew that I had most certainly tasted a beaver’s booty secretions. Next came a coincidental beaver documentary on the National Geographic Channel. I DVR’ed that shit and hung on every word. I found myself relating to the beaver. The next thing I know I’m stumbling across an animal personality test online and guess which animal I am?? The big brown beaver!
The beaver is a busy body. Always working on that damn dam.
Other animals might look at them and think “why do they enjoy that?” This sounds like my world. This sounds like me. I enjoy being responsible, staying organized, paying the bills, cleaning the house… well I don’t enjoy that, I’m not a freak, but it is easier for me to relax and enjoy myself in a clean house. Money saving? I. Live. For. It. Like the beaver lives to build his dam, I live to build my savings account. So lame right? But hear me out. I learned that the beaver gets shit done like a boss. A beaver boss. The beaver can also be kind of an ‘A’ hole. These are 11 reasons why I’m like a beaver. The good, the bad, and the ugly.
1. I’m a perfectionist. “If you want something done right, you have to do it yourself.” I have the demented desire to do everything right. It drives me nuts.
2. I am quite partial to swimming and have two webbed toes.
3. I do not show my emotions. As my hubby says “my favorite color should be black like my heart.” Pretty much sums it up.
4. I plan EVERYTHING…ahead of time. Laziness is my biggest pet peeve. Like nails on a chalkboard. Like Gilbert Godfreid. It makes my skin crawl. Savvy?
5. I am constantly eating, snacking or nibbling on something.
6. I always like to be prepared. I have a doomsday kit…and “bug out” bags for each member of the family(water, food, emergency supplies, maps etc) Just. In. Case. Cue the onslaught of “unlikes” coming my way.
7. Like the beaver, I am very protective of my family and friends. If you mess with these people, I will go beaver berserk on you. You will get beaver slapped.
8. I hold grudges. If I am wronged by someone, I can be unforgiving. Bad right? But I’m being honest and I’m working on it mmmkay…kinda.
9. I am productive. Whether its writing, cooking, volunteering, “mom” ing, cleaning, spending time with my family, drinking a glass of whiskey etc, I’m always doing something. My mind doesn’t stop. It drives my family nuts.
10. I enjoy biting things… like my husband.
11. I am practical. I enjoy keeping a low profile while working hard and building a successful future for my family, however, living in the moment is very difficult for me. That is why mini vacations are a must! Mexico here we come! No cell phone service or wi-fi?? Yes please.
I am also sarcastic and extremely goofy so maybe not just any beaver but a…
This is my new hat (: It caught my eye and I had to have it. Come to think of it, these beaver coincidences are getting to be a bit creepy.
All that being said, my bun juice will never grace the table in a restaurant or scamper across your palette…well…unless…never mind.
What animal are you? Take the test here and find out!
Enjoy the beaver knowledge I have bestowed upon you and vote for me!!!
Every vote helps me out (:
*This personality test is from the Smalley Institute